The following Storage Tips can really help you if your are getting ready to put items into a storage unit!
1. Keep frequently used items in the front of the storage unit- These will be the last items put into the storage.
2. Map – Make a quick drawing of where you stored your items – This will be a big help it you need to retrieve an item.
3. Cover – Protect your furniture and mattresses with plastic wrap and specially designed covers. Insects can lay eggs in bedding – protect them!
4. Vertical thinking – utilize your storage space by stacking items to the ceiling, the heaviest goods below and the lightest top.
5. Disassemble furniture – Detach table legs and or other parts. Place table fronts on top of each other.
6. Stack chairs vertically with the seats face to face.
7. Multitasking – Use your refrigerator or cabinets to store things such as table cloths or books. Leave the doors cracked open so the air can circulate inside.
8. Store items by category – Group your items together and place them in boxes by category.
9. Tool etc. – shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be together kept in empty trash cans.
10. Empty Fuel Tanks of Gardening Tools- if you store a fuel-powered lawn mowers or leaf blowers, empty the tanks before storing.